REACH Community Health Project are always keen to recruit a wide range of volunteers who can bring their skills, knowledge and experience to support numerous services. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our organisation.
Job Title: Community Engagement Volunteer
Post Duration: Ongoing
Location: Govanhill Neighbourhood Centre, Glasgow
Deadline: Friday 12th April 2019 by 5pm
This is a volunteer post and the post holder will work to support the Administrative Officer/Coordinator for the efficient delivery of the Coffee Morning - Positive Minds Group and other project services.
The post holder will engage with Ethnic Minority (EM) Communities and others from the EM community, in particular those residing in Glasgow City.
In general, the work will include supporting the Administrative Officer/Coordinator and help in engaging with communities during the Coffee Morning - Positive Minds Group.
The post holder with the support of the Administrative Officer/Coordinator will help organise and promote the Coffee Morning – Positive Minds Group through social media and face to face interaction.
Depending on the skills, experience and interest, some volunteers will be assigned to engage with service users to promote the project and assist the Administrative Officer/Coordinator during the Coffee Morning – Positive Minds Group.
The post holder will be supervised by an Administrative Officer/Coordinator.
- As a volunteer, someone with an interest to make a difference to the lives of people particularly from Ethnic Minority (EM) Communities.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in using Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Willing to work with EM communities.
- Being empathetic towards others and willing to support those in need.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours/days.
· Experience of working as a volunteer with EM communities.
· It is desirable for the post holder to communicate in other languages i.e. Panjabi/ Urdu.
· Knowledge in updating flyers however full training will be given.
What you will receive in return
· You will receive a full induction
· You will have the opportunity to work with one of the best health and wellbeing charities, specialised in working with ethnic minority communities.
· Time-to-time we offer the opportunity to take up training programmes, including CIC programmes.
· For some volunteers, we offer travel expenses for specific work.
· Most of all an opportunity to make a difference into the lives of many disadvantaged EM individuals
· If and when available, opportunity to attend free training, including at times CPDs
Prior to the starting this post we will apply for your disclosure check, which will be paid for the REACH Community Health Project.
You can download an application pack from this link: http://www.reachhealth.org.uk/download-advertise.php If you are interested or want to know more please call 0141 423 7095 or email at email@example.com
The deadline for this application is Friday 12th April 2019 by 5pm